Bylaws

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Daren Lukes
    Keymaster

This forum section is for discussion on our proposed bylaw changes.

Griffith
    Participant

What are our proposed bylaw changes?

Daren Lukes
    Keymaster

Proposed changes can be viewed at http://granitepeakskipatrol.org/bylaws-change-review/

Gerard
    Participant

They all look like good changes. My only comment is that taking three years to implement is unnecessary.
    I would suggest the following amendment – We elect three members this fall to 1,2 and 3 year slots. As their terms expire, all future terms are three years. Then, transition after one full year (November 2021). This would ensure that the three new members have a year to learn from the past PRs any needed knowledge transfer. It might be a bit extra work to manage the election this fall but it could be done by assigning the candidate who garnered the most votes to the 3 year term, second # of votes earned to the 2 year term, etc.

Janeen
    Participant

I believe that you should vote on one thing at a time. Start with the grammatical part. Then move on to each separate change in procedure. I agree changes need to be made but some of this I can’t agree with which means it’s either in or out. Same as what happened last time this came up. After a lot of hard work by members it was shot down for small things that could have been changed. Or at least voted on separately.

Andy
    Participant

I think we need to look at the number of voting members. With the proposed number there is no way to break a tie vote (6 voting members). If there are an even number of voting members on the board it needs to be outlined in the by laws how tie votes will be settled.

Daren Lukes
    Keymaster

Keep in mind, this forum should be used to argue for or against approving the bylaws as written. The Board has completed the proposed changes and is presenting to the membership for a vote to approve or a vote to not approve. If you are not in agreement with the language as it has been presented, the only option is to vote to not approve the proposed changes. If you are in agreement with the language, you can vote to approve.

If the proposed change does not pass, it is back to the drawing board. If it passes, it does not mean we can’t review them again next year and make additional changes if necessary.

I am in favor of the proposed changes as it diversifies the Board and gives opportunity to Patrollers that do not necessarily have the time to commit to 4 years for an assistant and PR term. There are many good people on our Patrol and this bylaws change gives them equal opportunity to be a part of the Board. It will also give people opportunity to be a part of the Board and get experience that will make them better leaders in our organization.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.